Obtaining Access Steps
- All new users to the Data Warehouse are required to go through a Mandatory Training Course. Its purpose is to help a new user understand the concept of a data warehouse, understand the terminology, know where to find information that might be helpful to them, and to understand what policies apply when they are using the data warehouse.
- In order to gain access to student-related information, it is mandatory that all users complete the online FERPA Training Tutorial and pass the quiz with a grade of 70% or higher. If you have not completed the FERPA training, then go to the FERPA Tutorial page on the Registrar's site.
- If you do not already have an AIS Account, request one through your Access and Security Representative (ASR).
- A new data warehouse account will be the individual's Access ID and needs to have the ability to receive email.
- Access to the Data Warehouse provides a user within the University access to significant amounts of institutional data, some of which is confidential. Please read User Responsibilities for a complete overview.
- Your ASR should select the appropriate database and submit a request to the assigned Data Steward.
- Upon approval, the request will be forwarded to the Administrative Information Services Security Office, for assignment of a Data Warehouse userID and password. You will then be notified of your access privileges, userID, and password. If you already had access to the Data Warehouse, no new userID or password will be assigned, only your access privileges will change.
Obtaining Access: General
- Password Change, Policies & Account Status
- Connecting Requirments
- Tech Support Access
- Request for DW ApplicationID
Obtaining Access: Specific Data
Was this helpful?: