These instructions will help change the mailto ability for only the Firefox Web browser. This will enable users to click on "mailto" links and the University Collaboration Suite (UCS) web client, when using FireFox, will respond with a compose e-mail window.
To enable the "mailto" link from a web page to compose an e-mail in UCS via the web (Firefox), do the following:
- Start up Firefox
- In the address bar, type “about:config” (without quotations) and press enter
- If you are prompted with an error message stating that what you are about to do will void the warranty, click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.
- Search for “gecko.handlerService.allowRegisterFromDifferentHost” (without quotations).
- Double click the selection to set it to TRUE.
- Click the Bookmarks menu within FireFox.
- Select “Show All Bookmarks”.
- Right click on the Bookmark Toolbar (located in the left column).
- Click “New Bookmark” from the menu.
- In the Name, type in, "Mailto" (without the quotations).
- Click on the Add button.
- In the browser's Bookmark toolbar click on the bookmark you just created called “Mailto”. (If you don't see the new bookmark, click on the View menu, go to Tools, and then click on Bookmarks Toolbar.)
- At the top of the browser window, an information bar will appear with the following question, “Add Zimbra (ucs.psu.edu) as an application for mailto links?”. Click the Add Application button in the information bar.