The Consultation Group Management tool in the Curriculum Review and Consultation System (CRCS) is used to create any number of groups or individuals that a proposal initiator may use to request for consultation. There are three user levels that have the ability to manage consultation groups:
- Standard users can manage groups for consultation.
- College administrators can manage groups for college administrative consultation.
- Super college administrators can manage groups for college level consultation.
Note: These consultation groups are required to be mandatory. If a group is mandatory, the members will be consulted on every proposal created within the college as a part of the essential consultation prior to sending the proposal for administrator review.
Managing Consultation Groups as a Standard User
Access the Consultation Group Management Tool
On the CRCS Home page in the navigation menu in the upper left, hover over or select the Tools link.
In the Tools menu that displays, select the Consultation Groups link.
From the Tools menu, select Consultation Groups.
The Manage My Consultation Groups screen will be displayed.
Add a Consultation Group
On the Manage My Consultation Groups screen under the Group View section, click the Add a Group button. The Add a New Consultation Group dialogue box will appear.
Click Add a Group.
Enter a name for the group in the Group Name text box.
Add a New Consultation Group dialogue box
From the Define usage of group pull-down menu, select Consultation. The dialogue box will expand to display additional fields.
From Define Usage of Group pull-down menu, select Consultation.
- Under Use by Degree Level, check the applicable box(es).
Under Use for Proposal Type, check the applicable box(es).
Note: The consultation group will only display for use on forms that match the selections made.
- Click the Add Group button. The You may now add users to your new group dialogue box will appear.
Enter the person's User ID (e.g., xyz123) or Name; as you begin to type, a list of suggestions from the Penn State directory will pop up, from which you can select.
Enter UserID or Name, then select from the pop-up list.
- Click the Add User To Group button.
You will be returned to the Manage My Consultation Groups screen. The group you added will be listed in the Your Consultation Groups section under the Group View tab. There are three tabs on this screen, detailed below: Group View, Consultants View, and Icon Legend.
Group View Tab
This tab provides functions that allow you to adjust your view settings and manage your group(s).
- The Collapse All Groups and Expand All Groups buttons at the bottom of the tab allow you to expand all of your groups to show each team member, or collapse all of your groups to display only the group name at once. The Expand/Collapse buttons in the Actions column allows you to perform this action for a single group.
- The Pencil button allows you to edit the group name and consultation status. When you click the button, the Edit Group Details for group: [Group Name] dialogue box will appear, allowing you to make the desired changes.
- The Add A New User button allows you to add a new user to the group specified. When the button is clicked the Add New User dialogue box will appear.
- The Delete button allows you to delete the entire group specified. A dialogue box will appear when the button is clicked asking if you are sure that you want to delete the group, as the action cannot be undone.
- The Briefcase button in the Use In column represents a formal consultation group.
Consultants View Tab
This tab shows all of your individual consultants regardless of what group they are in. Similarly to the Group View tab, you can expand or collapse all consultants, expand or collapse individual consultants, delete a consultant, and add a consultant using the same buttons listed above.
Consultants View tab
Icon Legend Tab
This tab provides basic help information for the Consultation Group Management tool, as well as a legend explaining the function of all the icons and buttons found in the Group View and Consultation View tabs.
Icon Legend tab