PLEASE READ: Important information regarding “POP3”:
“POP3” by default downloads email from a server to a single computer or device, then deletes it from the server. Because your messages get downloaded to a single computer or device and then deleted from the server, it can appear that mail is missing or disappearing from your Inbox if you try to check your mail from a different computer or device.
It is highly recommended that both parts of this article are followed to ensure a copy of the message is left on the server. This will need to be done on each computer or device you setup via "POP3".
Part 1: Setting up POP:
- Check the “Override default port” checkbox and set the incoming server port to 995
- Check the “Use SSL to connect (recommended)” checkbox
- Check the “Override default port” checkbox and set the outgoing server port to 587
- Select the “Use SSL to connect (recommended)” checkbox
Part 2: Leave a copy of the message on the server:
- Click Tools.
- Click the Accounts tab, and select the appropriate email account.
- Advanced tab.
- Leave a copy of each message on server check box.
- Click OK
Service Now Article: KB0010051