Important Notes Before Starting
IMAP is an enrolled service. Please go here to enroll: https://www.work.psu.edu/access/email/
1. Select Tools in the menu bar.
2. Select Account Settings
3. Select E-mail Account
4. Input your Penn State email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. Input your Access Account Password.
In the Account Information Settings window please enter the following:
- User name: (i.e. xyz123)
- Server Information: IMAP
Incoming server: email.psu.edu
- Check the Override default port checkbox and type in port number 993
- Check the Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkbox
Outgoing server: authsmtp.psu.edu
- Check the Override default port checkbox and type in port number 587
- Select the Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkbox
6. Click on Add Account
7. In the Account description field type PSU IMAP
8. Click on the Advanced tab.
9. Click Finish.