PLEASE READ: Important information regarding “POP3”:
“POP3” by default downloads email from a server to a single computer or device, then deletes it from the server. Because your messages get downloaded to a single computer or device and then deleted from the server, it can appear that mail is missing or disappearing from your Inbox if you try to check your mail from a different computer or device.
It is highly recommended that both parts of this article are followed to ensure a copy of the message is left on the server. This will need to be done on each computer or device you setup via "POP3".
Part 1: Setting up POP:
1. Launch Eudora OSE.
2. If Eudora OSE has no previous accounts set up, skip to step 5.
3. Click on the Tools menu.
4. Select Account Actions.
5. Click on Add Mail Account.
6. Type in your name, e-mail address and password and click continue.
7. When Eudora OSE tries to auto-configure, click the Stop button.
8. Enter these settings under Editing Config and click Create Account to finish.
- Username: your Access Account id (ie. xyz123)
- Incoming Server: email.psu.edu
- Incoming Port: 995
- Incoming Security: SSL/TLS
- Outgoing Server: authsmtp.psu.edu
- Outgoing Port: 587
- Outgoing Security: STARTTLS
Part 2: Leaving a copy of the message on the server:
- Click Tools.
- Click Personalities.
- Right-click the email account name, and then click Properties.
- Select the Leave messages on server check box.
Note: When the check box is cleared, deleted email messages will be permanently removed from the messaging server.