The Import from a Course or Group feature allows you to import content from courses or groups. As an instructor, you can copy content from any course or group in which you have editing rights.
To import items to the course Lessons tab:
- Within the course, select the Lessons tab. If you want the content to appear within a folder, open that folder.
- Select the Add Content link in the toolbar.
Select the Import from a Course or Group link beneath the More Options subheading. The import screen appears.
Select content items to import, then click Copy Items.
- Select the course or group containing the items you want to import from the Browse tab list.
- Click the plus sign in front of a course or group name. An expanded list of lesson content items appears. You will be able to select only the items you want to import.
- In the right column, click the pull-down list to select the folder where the imported course material will be placed. You also have the option of creating a new folder on the Lessons tab by selecting the New Subfolder link.
Click the Copy Items button to import the selected course material. In addition to the selected course material to be imported, you will be asked if you want to copy rubrics, keywords, etc.
Copy Options verification screen
- Click Continue to import the items. A message verifying the number of items copied into the course will appear on the screen. Click OK.
- You can continue to choose other courses from which to import material or click Done when finished. Imported items will appear on the Lessons tab at the respective level (e.g., within a folder or sub-folder) where you added them.