The Course Files Manager allows you to create, upload, and manage folders and files associated with your course. To add content to your course using the Course Files Manager:
- Within the course, select the Manage tab.
- Select the Course Files Manager link beneath the PSU Data Management subheading.
- Navigate to the folder where you would like to add a folder or a file.
- Select the Add Content link in the toolbar to display the Add Content screen.
Add Content screen
Note: Not all folders or files created or uploaded directly to the Course Files Manager will be viewable or accessible from other areas in ANGEL. Exceptions include:
- Items added directly to the root directory or the _assoc directory: Items created or uploaded here will not be visible/accessible from the Lessons tab.
- Items uploaded directly to the _team root directory: Items created or uploaded here will not be visible from the team files area
Create a Folder in Course Files
To create a folder in the Course Files Manager:
- Select the Create a Folder link on the Add Content screen.
- Enter a name for the folder in the Folder Name field.<
Create a Folder screen
- Click OK. The folder will be created.
Create a File in Course Files
To create a new text file or HTML file in the Course Files Manager:
- Select the Create a File link on the Add Content screen.
- Enter a name for the file in the File Name field.
- Enter information in the File Contents field.
Create a File screen
- If you wish to format the file contents or check spelling, select the HTML Editor link beneath the File Contents field.
HTML Editor link
- Leave the Unicode format box checked.
- Click OK. The file will be created.
Upload Files in Course Files
To upload a file to the Course Files area:
- Select the Upload Files link on the Add Content screen.
- On the Upload a File screen, click the Browse button, navigate to the file you wish to upload, and double-click its name.
Upload a File screen
- Click the Upload File button.
- If you wish to upload another file, click the Upload Another File button and repeat Steps 2 and 3. If you are finished, click the Done button.