Note: This article pertains to instructors who are teaching for-credit residential education courses.
- If you are teaching or taking classes through World Campus, Continuing Education, or Outreach Services, please contact the World Campus/Outreach Services Help Desk. Contact information can be found at http://tech.worldcampus.psu.edu/contactus/index.cfm.
- If you are a student taking a residential education course, please reference the "Why Is a Course I am Taking Not Listed on My Profile?" help topic.
There are multiple reasons why a course may not appear on your profile:
By default, courses on your My Profile page are sorted into folders. These folders can be collapsed and expanded by clicking them. A collapsed folder will display an icon of a closed folder; click the icon or the title to expand the folder and show the courses within.
By default, courses on your My Profile page are sorted into folders based on semester and campus. A course that you are teaching may be located in a different folder than you expect. For example, you may teach two sections of SPAN 001 during the fall 2010 semester, one offered at University Park and one at Penn State Altoona. Because they are offered at different campuses, each course will appear in a separate folder, e.g., "2009/10 Fa, Up" and "2009/10 Fa, Aa."
The sorting and grouping options can be changed in the settings for the My Courses component. To access the settings, click the edit button in the My Courses title bar.
The My Courses component on your My Profile page can be configured to hide all disabled courses and/or only display specified courses. To check for and resolve this, please try the following:
On your My Profile page, move the cursor over the My Courses component, then click the pencil (settings) icon in the title bar. You will see a list of all of the courses in which you are an instructor or member.
Click the pencil (settings) icon in the My Courses title bar.
Locate your course in the list. If the course is not listed, please see the following section of this article.
If the check box to the left of the course title is unchecked, the course will not be displayed on My Profile. To display the course, check the box, then click the Save button. Select the Refresh link on the right side of the My Profile toolbar. The course should now be listed in the My Courses component.
To display a course, select the check box to its left.
To display disabled courses, for the Show Disabled setting, select the Yes radio button, then click the Save button.
Select Yes to show disabled courses on My Profile.
Note: Alternatively, if the course is ready for student viewing, you can activate (enable) the course so that it will be listed on My Profile. For details, reference the Activate a Course help topic.
- If the check box to the left of the course title is unchecked, the course will not be displayed on My Profile. To display the course, check the box, then click the Save button. Select the Refresh link on the right side of the My Profile toolbar. The course should now be listed in the My Courses component.
ANGEL obtains enrollment information three times a day from the Registrar’s database, ISIS. If you are not listed as the instructor of record in ISIS, you will not have access to the course in ANGEL.
Confirm that you are listed as the instructor of record in ISIS by logging in to eLion and looking for the course in the Class Lists section. If the course is not shown, please contact your department’s administrative assistant in charge of ISIS data entry and/or your campus registrar for assistance. Once you have been entered as the instructor of record in ISIS, the course should be available to you in ANGEL within one business day.
All courses have a publication date (also known as a Web publish date or SOC date) set in ISIS. This date controls when a course will be shown in the Schedule of Courses and ANGEL. A course will not be visible in either the Schedule of Courses or ANGEL before this date. The publication date is not available to instructors in ISIS; please contact your department’s administrative assistant in charge of ISIS data entry and/or your campus registrar for information on your course’s publication date. You can also look up your course in the Schedule of Courses; if it is not shown, the publication date may not be set.
Once the publication date has been set (and you have been entered as the course’s instructor of record) the course should be added to ANGEL within one business day after the publication date.
If the Course is Still Not Available
If you have confirmed that the course is not hidden, the course has a Web publication date set and this date has passed, and you are the instructor of record for the course (and that this information was entered more than 24 hours ago, please contact ANGEL Support with the following information:
- Your Penn State Access Account user ID (e.g., xyz123)
- If this is your first semester teaching at Penn State, please tell us. We may need to confirm that all new hire processes have been completed.
- The campus at which the course is offered. If the course is offered through Continuing Education, please indicate this.
- The course's abbreviation, number, and section (e.g., SPAN 002 section 001)
- The course's six-digit schedule identification number. This can be found in eLion or the Schedule of Courses.