Your instructor may assign you an assessment that you take online within your ANGEL course. Your score is calculated by ANGEL. Depending on the settings your instructor has chosen, you may be able to view feedback in the form of your overall assessment grade, an answer key, or grader remarks.
To take an assessment:
- Within the appropriate course, select the Lessons tab.
Navigate to the appropriate folder or location, then select the icon or title of the assessment.
Select the assessment icon or title.
Read the instructions, which provide details about the assessment, and select the Begin Now button.
Select the Begin Now button to begin.
If the instructor has set a time limit for the assessment, the next screen will show a warning to you about the time limit for this assessment. Click Continue to proceed. A countdown located at the top right of the assessment screen will indicate time remaining.
Time limit warning
Answer the assessment questions.
Note: Your instructor may choose to enable an assessment navigation feature that allows you to select a check box to any question you wish to mark for later review.
Selecting the Review check box to mark a question for later review
To navigate to questions marked for review, click the Go To Question button at the bottom of the assessment screen. A pop-up box will open indicating which questions were marked. You can navigate to a marked question by clicking it in the pop-up box.
Navigating to a question you marked for review
The buttons at the bottom of the assessment present you with two options, Submit and Save and Continue Later, unless your instructor has disabled these features.
Options at the bottom of the assessment
- Submit: If you have completed the assessment and reviewed all your answers to your satisfaction, click the Submit button. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm you want to submit. If you want to submit your answers, click OK, if not, click Cancel.
- Save Answers: If you have only completed part of the assessment and wish to complete the rest of it at a later time, click the Save and Continue Later button. When you again select the name of the assessment on the Lessons tab, you may click the Resume button to pick up where you left off.
Caution: If your instructor has set a time limit for the assessment, the Save and Continue Later option does not stop the timer.
- If your instructor has chosen in the assessment settings to warn you about incomplete items, if you have left any question unanswered and click the Submit button, a pop-up window will open warning you that you have not completed the item. You can click Cancel to answer the incomplete item and resubmit the assessment, or you can click OK to submit the assessment without completing the missed item.
If you have clicked OK, you will see your results and feedback, if your instructor has chosen to make these available to you.
Assessment results and feedback
- When finished reviewing the results and feedback, click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen to return to the assessment instructions screen.
If your instructor has set the assessment so that you can only attempt it once, you will see the message "You have completed this item" under where the Begin Now button was. If the instructor has set the assessment so that you can attempt it more than once, you will again see the Begin Now button.
If your instructor has chosen to allow full review of your submission history, you will also see a record of your previous submission(s) and grade(s) on this screen. You can select the link showing the date and time of a submission to review your answers and feedback for that submission. If your instructor has chosen to allow list-only review, you will only see a record of your previous submission(s) and grade(s). If your instructor has disabled user review, you will not see a record of your submissions.
Note: If an assessment you just completed included questions that your instructor must grade manually, such as an essay question, instead of showing the percentage grade for your submission, the results screen will show how many points have not been graded yet.
Assessment results with ungraded points
Once you know the instructor has manually graded those items, you can find out your final assessment score by selecting the name of the assessment on the Lessons tab and viewing the table labeled Your Submissions. (This table only appears if the instructor has chosen to allow list-only or full review.) For details on the score you received for each question, select the link labeled with the date and time of your submission (if the instructor has chosen to allow full review).
Your Submissions table showing your score