To add a page on the course Lessons tab:
- Within the course, select the Lessons tab.
- Select the Add Content link in the toolbar.
Select the Add Content link.
- Select the Page link. The new page settings area appears.
New Page settings
On the Content Tab
- Enter a Title for the page (required).
- Optionally enter a Subtitle for the page. The subtitle is used to provide additional information concerning the content item.
- Enter text in the Page Text area.
Note: To add or edit formatting to the page text, use the HTML Editor toolbar.
On the Access Tab
- User Tracking is an optional setting and is used to track when users view or access the page. To track student access, select Students Only from the pull-down menu.
- If all users are not allowed to view the content item, select the Do not allow users to view this item check box.
- By default, Viewable By is set to Students. To hide the page from students, e.g., if you are creating content that will not be used until later in the course, set Viewable By to users with higher rights, such as Course Editors.
- Optionally specify a Password to restrict access the page.
- Team Access is set to All Teams by default. If you have created course teams, you can optionally restrict access to a particular team or teams by selecting Selected Teams from the pull-down menu, then checking the box next to each desired team.
Access tab with Team Access set to Selected Teams
- Other items on the Access tab are displayed when you select the Advanced radio button. They include Start Date and End Date and Edit Restrictions.
On the Actions Tab
When you are editing the settings for a content item on the Lessons tab, the Actions tab (available when you click the Advanced radio button) provides an advanced tool that allows you to define actions to be taken when certain events and conditions occur. For example, an action could be defined to allow a student to gain access to previously locked material after the submission of an assessment only if his/her assessment grade is about 80 percent.
On the Assignment Tab
- If you wish the page to be a milestone, from the Task Type pull-down menu, select whether the milestone will be marked as complete by the instructor manually (Manually marked) or automatically by ANGEL when a student has accessed the page (Item completion).
- If you wish the page to be a gradebook assignment, select the applicable setting from the Assignment pull-down menu.
Click the Save button when all page settings are complete.