You may choose to add a photo of yourself in the Personal Information area. The photo will appear:
- On the Course Roster on the course Communicate tab, when Show Pictures is selected by a student. Note:: Course editors will see each student's ID+ photo from the Housing and Food Services database.
- On your user profile, also accessed on the Course Roster
Notes: The photo file must not be larger than 100,000 bytes (about 100 KB). If you upload a file larger than that, a message will display saying "File exceeds maximum allowed size of 100000 bytes." For best results, use a photo no more than 1,000 pixels in height or width.
Be sure the photo file is saved with the .jpg or .gif extension.
To add your photo:
Click the Preferences button in the left toolbar.
- Select the Personal Information link.
Scroll down to the Photo URL field under Contact Settings.
Photo URL field under Contact Settings
- If the photo is on the Web, enter its full URL in the text box, including the http:// prefix, for example: http://www.personal.psu.edu/xyz123/images/photo.jpg
If the photo is on your local drive:
- Click the Add button to the right of the Photo URL field.
In the Upload Photo window that opens, click the Browse button.
- Locate the photo file on your local drive and double-click its name.
Click the Upload Picture button.
Click Upload Picture.
If the photo displayed is the one you want to use, click the Use Photo button.
Click Use Photo.
- Click the Close button to close the Upload Photo window.
- Scroll down and click the Save button.