Once you have specified the settings for an assessment, you may wish to override certain settings for one or more students. For example, you might wish to change the start and end date for a student with an excused absence. You might wish to change the time limit or maximum attempts for a student with special needs.
To override the original settings for specific students:
Create a Team Containing Those Students
- Within the course, select the Manage tab.
- Beneath the Course Management subheading, select the Teams link.
- Select the Add a Team link in the toolbar.
- Enter a name for the team in the Team field.
- Click the Save button.
- Select the check box next to the applicable student(s), then click the Add Selected button.
- Click the Done button.
Note: If you wish to override different settings for different subsets of students, you must create a separate team for each subset.
Override the Assessment Settings for the Team
- Within the course, select the Lessons tab.
Hover your cursor over the name of the assessment until the editing menu appears and select settings.
Select the settings link.
- Select the Access tab.
In the Team List area, select the name of the team containing the specific students.
Select the name of the team on the Access tab.
In the Override Settings window that opens, select the check box for the setting(s) you wish to override.
Select the check box for each setting you wish to override.
Note: Selecting Advanced Settings displays additional settings including Max Attempts and Time Limit.
- Specify the applicable settings.
- Click the Save button on the left.
- Click the Close button.
Note: If the student is on multiple teams you must select the Advanced Settings option and change the Team Priority option from a 0 to a 1 for the settings to take effect.
Note: In the Team List area on the Access tab, any team for which you have overridden the settings will be marked with an asterisk.
Team name marked with asterisk