To export a course in ANGEL format:
- Within the course, select the Manage tab.
- Select the Export Console link beneath the PSU Data Management subheading. The Export Course Content menu appears.
- Select the ANGEL Format link.
Select the ANGEL Format link.
- The Export Course Content screen appears. By default, all types of course content are selected. Uncheck the check box for any items you wish to exclude from the export. If you do not want to include course files in the export, check the Do not include files check box.
Check boxes on ANGEL Format Export Course Content screen
- Click the Next button. The Export Queued screen appears.
Note: In previous versions of ANGEL, when a course editor began a course export, the request was processed on the same server. In version 7.4, export requests are placed in a queue on a separate server, which processes one request, then moves on to the next. Therefore, no extra load is put on the server running ANGEL. However, if many requests are currently in the queue, your export may be delayed.
Note: In version 7.3, once you started an export, you needed to stay on the export screen until the process was finished. In 7.4, a message on the screen informs you that while the request is being processed, you can navigate away and do other tasks or log out of ANGEL.
Message that appears when an export request is sent.
Note: You can return to the Export Console at any time to check on the status of your request.
The status of an ANGEL Format request on the Export Console.
Note: The system sends you an e-mail to your external account when the process is finished.
A sample of the e-mail that is sent to your external account
- When the status is listed as OK or you receive an e-mail stating the process is finished, you can either select the Download File link or the link to the .zip folder listed under File Name in the Export History table.
Select the Download File link.
Alternately select the link to the zip folder located under File Name in the Export History table.
Depending on your computer platform, you may be prompted to save the file on your local drive, or the file may be downloaded to your computer desktop.
Was this helpful?: