There are two methods of importing and exporting information in ANGEL. You can:
- Import or export an ENTIRE COURSE using the tools on the Import Console and Export Console.
- Import or export SPECIFIC CONTENT items.
ENTIRE COURSES can be imported or exported:
- If you wish to store, restore, back up, or archive a complete course. Use the ANGEL Format tool on the Export Console to download and store the course on your local drive and the Content Package tool on the Import Console to reupload it. These utilities can be found under the Manage tab.
- If you wish to copy or transfer an entire course to another ANGEL course or group. Use the Copy Course import utility. The Copy Course import utility allows course editors to import any course or group in which they have editing rights. The Copy Course import process occurs on the server, eliminating the need to download an exported course to your local drive for later import into another course. The Copy Course utility is on the Import Console menu.
SPECIFIC COURSE CONTENT can be imported or exported:
- If you wish to import specific lesson content items such as an assessment, a discussion forum, or folder, use the Import from a Course or Group utility on the Lessons tab Add Content screen.
- If you wish to export a specific lesson content item, use the Export Item to ZIP option on the item's Utilities menu.
For details on how to import and export lesson items between courses, reference the Import from a Course or Group and Export a Lessons Content Item help topics.
For details on how to import and export an entire course using the Import Console and Export Console tools, reference the About the Import Console, About the Export Console, or Copy Course help topic.