You can use the web or email for managing list subscribers. This article will describe the email method. To view the web interface article go here: http://kb.its.psu.edu/1017.
- You can send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of the email you put the following "job". Note: You can put several steps within one job.
- The word quiet suppresses messages sent to the subscribers.
- If you want them to get the standard messages, omit the word quiet in front of the delete or add commands.
//Maintain Job pw=your-listserv-password
//* If you don't need to delete anyone, omit this step.
//* To delete everyone, just say quiet delete listname *
quiet delete put-name-of-your-list-here dd=Deletions
//Deletions dd *
quiet add put-name-of-your-list-here dd=Additions
//Additions dd *
email@example.com John Smith
If you are doing a lot of additions or deletions, you can:
- Add the word Brief to the delete control card and Import to the add control card to suppress a lot of the output. Thus they would become:
quiet delete put-name-of-your-list-here dd=Deletions Brief
quiet add put-name-of-your-list-here dd=Additions Import