Who can access the lynda.com training materials?
Currently active faculty and staff, and students who are enrolled in a credit course may access lynda.com tutorials through Penn State's license agreement. If you do not have access and feel you should, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 814-865-4357 or email@example.com.
Who should I contact if I get an error message when attempting to use lynda.com?
Contact the ITS Help Desk at 814-863-2494 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put lynda.com in the subject line of your e-mail.
What are the minimum machine requirements for using lynda.com?
System requirements can be found at: http://www.lynda.com/support/SystemRequirements.aspx .
What URL do I use to access the lynda.com training materials?
- Going directly to http://lynda.com/ will NOT provide free access to all the tutorials and training materials. You must enter through the sign in section at http://lynda.psu.edu/ .
Do I need to create an account at lynda.com?
- No. You need only your Penn State Access Account ID and password to access the lynda.com tutorials through Penn State's license agreement.
- When you first log into lynda.com via http://lynda.psu.edu, you will have the option to add your first name, last name, and e-mail address. This information is optional.
Why would I choose to create a lynda.com account using my name and e-mail address?
- If you wish to receive certificates of completion, you will need to provide your first and last name.
- If you leave Penn State and wish to access your lynda.com training history using a new lynda.com account, you will need to provide an e-mail address.
- Note: lynda.com keeps all personal information confidential.
How do I directly link to a course or tutorial?
- You must sign in via http://lynda.psu.edu/ before clicking on the direct link to access a course or movie.
- Note: Logging in to other Penn State services, such as ANGEL, via WebAccess is not sufficient.
- Note: While links to courses will not change, links to individual movies may change at any time.
Do I have to log out of lynda.com when I am finished viewing the training materials?
Logging out is encouraged. If you forget, you will be logged out automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Can I bookmark my current location in lynda.com?
Yes, via the bookmarks menu.
Can I access my training history?
Yes. You have access to several reports under the My Training menu, including recent activity, your movie history, and your course history.
Can I obtain Certificates of Completion for completed courses?
Yes. When you finish a course by watching every tutorial in the course, you can receive a certificate of completion. You may print the certificate, e-mail it, or embed your certificate in a blog post or web page. These are the best ways to ensure authenticity of the certificate.
Can I use lynda.com on mobile devices?
An app is available for iOS devices including the iPhone and iPad, and an Android app is currently under development, according to lynda.com. You may use a web browser to access lynda.com on your mobile device, but the service is not optimized for that method.
How do I use the lynda.com app for my iOS device?
What features does the iOS app provide?
What are the requirements for using the iOS app?