- Make sure you have the UCS Desktop Client installed (can be downloaded from https://downloads.its.psu.edu/) and configured on your machine.
- Launch the UCS Desktop Client
- Click on the "Setup" button
- Click on second tab "Add New Account"
- Select the 3rd party Account you want to receive in the UCS Desktop Client from drop down select menu
- Enter an Account Name of your choice
- Insert your First and Last Names in the Full Name section
- Enter the e-mail address you want to sync with UCS (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc...)
- Enter the Password for the e-mail address
- Choose "Check Message Interval" of your choice (if you choose manual, the account will not sync until you press the send and receive mail button)
- Select which features of the 3rd party e-mail you wish to sync
- Select "Validate and Save"
- Successful validation brings you back to the "My Accounts" tab
- Click "Launch Desktop"
- The client will automatically open to a new category in the Mail Tab called, "All Mailboxes". This category will show all the default folders from all accounts populated with all mail
- A new column in this category just before "Received" has icon to show which account the mail is from
- The Preferences Tab will now show your 3rd party email account as separate entry where you will be able to change things like signatures, personas, filters, address book, etc.
- Other changes like syncing and the e-mail checking interval can be made in "Setup", and the click "Edit" next to account
- The Zimlets installed will now affect this newly added account
Note: This new account will not be visiable in your UCS web client
Was this helpful?: