Once you have setup your UCS Connector for Microsoft Outlook, your local folders may no longer appear in the folder list. This is expected, as the Connector creates a new UCS profile and sets it to default (your previous Outlook profile also exists alongside the new profile).
To reveal your local folders, follow the steps below.
- Open your Outlook client, already configured with the UCS Connector for Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on the File tab, located across the top of your window.
- Click Open.
- Choose Open Outlook Data File from the choices on the right.
- Navigate to your Data File (pst)* that you used previous to UCS and choose it.
- Click Open.
- Your local folders will now show up in your folder list alongside your UCS mail folders.
You may now continue to view your local folders as separate folders, or drag and drop them into your UCS mail folders. Doing so will upload them onto the server, making them available via other UCS mail applications including UCS Web Client. This will count against your 3G email limit.
* You will need to know where your Outlook Data File (default name Outlook.pst) is located. If you have not relocated it, in win7 it will be at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. In winXP it will be slightly different, at C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. In either OS you will need to show hidden folders to navigate through to the Outlook folder.