The UCS Microsoft Outlook Connector tightly integrates Microsoft Outlook (versions 2003, 2007, and 2010) for Windows with the University Collaboration Suite. If you're looking for more than straight IMAP e-mail, the connector will:
- Sync your mail, calendar, contacts, and tasks through MAPI
- Give you access to delegated (shared) content such as calendars
- Hooks neatly into the UI for a completely native experience
- Offline mode capability
- Download and install the UCS Connector for Microsoft Outlook from https://downloads.its.psu.edu/ under the "Email Clients" section.
How to Set-Up the UCS Connector for Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the Start or Windows Button.
- Select Control Pannel
- Change the "View By" to small icons
- Click Mail
- A window may appear with the option to select Show Profiles. Click "Show Profiles" if you have multiple profiles for Outlook, change the setting to "Prompt for a profile to be used."
- Click Add
- New Profile Name:
- Click Next
- Select "Manually Configure Server Settings"
- Click Other
- Select "UCS Collaboration Server"
- Click Next
- Server Name: ucs.psu.edu:443
- Check Use Secure Connection
- Enter your e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org, where xyz5000 is your Penn State Access Account
- Insert your Penn State Access Account Password
- Click OK when prompted to restart Outlook
- Click Finish
- Launch Outlook
- Select the UCS profile if prompted
- You will be asked to restart Outlook so that LDAP may be correctly installed, this can wait for your mail profile to be synced
Note: If you need a client for mass deployment of the UCS connector, please contact your ITS consultant.
Now that you have installed the UCS Connector for Microsoft Outlook, you can import your old e-mail, calendaring, and contacts. Please use the following articles to assist you in locating that data:
Service Now Article: KB0010045