Entering UCS Mobile settings on your iPhone (or iPad/iPod Touch) will sync your email, contacts, and calendars using your carrier's data plan.
You should ensure that you have backed up all of your contacts before proceeding.
Older versions of iOS will prompt you to delete all local contact, mail, and calendar data when you configure an ActiveSync profile. If you upgrade to the latest version of iOS, you will instead be asked whether or not you'd like to keep local data. We suggest you upgrade to the latest available version of iOS in order to utilize the latest functionality provided by UCS.
- Click on the "Settings" icon (the gears)
- Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
- Select "Add Account"
- Choose "Microsoft Exchange"
- Next you will need to enter your account information:
- Click "Next"
Enter the Server information
- Server: ucs.psu.edu
- Click "Next"
- Select which options you want included with this account on your iOS device
- Click "Save"
- Click on the account you just created (for our example, we called this account "UCS e-mail") under the heading "Accounts"
- Click on "Accounts"
- Confirm that the slider is turned on for the "Use SSL" feature
Once you have successfully set up your account, you should begin to see mail folders contacts and your calendar(s) appear on the device. After, you may choose to edit either global or account-specific settings.
Global settings available affect all your email accounts and is located in Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Here you can set usability controls such as number of messages, previews, font size and more.
Within this screen you may also select your UCS Account and then select "Account Info" to adjust whether you want any of the syncing options changed, how many days of email and which folders you want pushed.
Default Sync Settings
For iOS devices, the mail sync default is 3 days and Calendar appointment sync default is, "Events 1 Month Back".