Adobe Presenter allows PowerPoint presentations to be converted to Flash media and imported into Adobe Connect. If you are interested in making recorded presentations, then Adobe Presenter could be a very helpful too.
A trial version of Presenter can be downloaded at http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/.
A full license for Presenter can be purchased, at a discount, through the Penn State Computer Store at https://shop.computerstore.psu.edu/products2.cfm/ID/3387 (Some restrictions apply)
Here is a list of Presenter's capabilities
- Easily create professional Flash presentations and self-paced courses complete with narration and interactivity.
- Import and edit video in any format and export as SWF.
- Record and edit high-quality audio.
- Help ensure consistency with branding and customization.
- Deliver advanced quizzes and surveys with question pooling and randomization.
- Publish content as a PDF file, preserving all of your animations.
- Create AICC- and SCORM-compliant content.
- Integrate with Adobe Connect software to deploy, manage, deliver, and track content.
NOTE: Presenter is a Windows only product and requires that PowerPoint be previously installed. Presenter will work with both 2007 and 2010 versions of PowerPoint but a 2010 installation will require a little workaround to install correctly. Instruction for the workaround can be found at http://kb.its.psu.edu/article/1623.