Below are the most common issues we run across when people are using Adobe Connect:
- Flash Player: Adobe Connect requires Flash Player. If you are having troubles please make sure you are using the most recent version of Flash Player. The newest version of Flash Player can be downloaded at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/.
Flash Plug-in: This plug-in is separate from the Flash Player listed above. A user will be prompted to install this the first time they log into a meeting room. If you are blocking pop-ups the prompt for installation may be blocked. To see if you have the plug-in installed visit https://meeting.psu.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. If you don't have the plug-in and don't see a prompt for installation please try the following:
* add the following to the meeting URL to force the installation of the plug-in. ?lightning=true
Audio/Visual issues: Allow "Camera and Microphone Access":
When you start your Camera or Microphone for a Adobe Connect (Breeze) meeting, are you prompted to allow "Camera and Microphone Access" for 'psu.edu' or 'meeting.psu.edu'?
These steps will show you how to allow these sites access within the Adobe Flash Player so you're never prompted again.
Note: You can use this method to add "psu.edu" to the Always Allow list.
1. Click this link to open the Flash Player Settings Manager. Website Privacy Settings Panel
2. Note: You can also do a search for "Flash Player Settings Manager" in Google.
3. Click the Website Privacy Settings Panel link. (This panel may be the first one opened by default).
4. Note: This is your list of visited sites. We're assuming that you'll find both breeze.psu.edu and psu.edu in this list. If they don't appear in the list, you need to login to Adobe Connect (Breeze) before you continue. Then come back to the Website Privacy Settings Panel.
5. Note: The Website Privacy Settings Panel has 4 headings (Privacy, Websites, Used, and Limit).
6. Click the Websites heading to sort the list by name.
7. From the list of Visited Websites, locate meeting.psu.edu and click the Always allow radio button.
8. From the list of Visited Websites, locate psu.edu and click the Always allow radio button.
9. Note: You could scroll through the list of websites and edit the Privacy settings as needed. If you have other sites that you want to 'Always allow' access to Flash Player, you can do that now. For example the ' connect.extension.iastate.edu ' site is used for eXtension professional development sessions.
10. Close all Internet Explorer windows to save the change.
11. When you login to an Adobe Connect (Breeze) meeting and start the Camera or your Microphone, you should not be prompted to allow access.
12. When you login to an Adobe Connect (Breeze) meeting and start the Camera or your Microphone, you should not be prompted to allow access.
Service Now Article: KB0010578
Service Now Article: KB0010577
Service Now Article: KB0010576