Managing PASS permissions is done from the https://work.psu.edu page with a tool called the Permissions Wizard.
Locating and Choosing Your Permissions
- Click on the Button Manage PASS Permissions (Permission Wizard).
- Locate the drop down menu.
- Select the space you wish to manage.
- Click View or Change Access.
- Select one of the following: File Permissions for Other Users or Web Application File Permissions.
- Click Next.
NOTE: Please read the descriptions listed under each selection to make sure you understand what type of permissions you are selecting.
Viewing and Changing Your Permissions
- Select View Current Permissions.
- Click Next.
- These are the current permissions for the space you selected. Take note of what users, group, and servers have access to your space.
- Click Go Back.
- Select the permission level you wish to change.
- Select Give Permission to User to give individuals access or Give Permission to Groups to give access with a UMG.
NOTE: To add individuals use their Penn State Access ID. (Ex. xyz123) To add groups use a UMG group name. (Ex. umg/up.psu.edu)
7. Click Add.
8. Click Apply.
Extra Permissions are available from each screen where you have access to change or view a permission. It is located in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The followings are permissions available by viewing the Extra Permissions.
- Allow program files to be executed.
- Allow everyone to view this file.
- Apply settings to all files and subfolders inside the /path of current folder/ folder.