This document provides information on mounting PASS manually from Windows 7.
This article is intended for users of PASS on Microsoft Windows 7.
These prerequisites only need to be done once, so if you have already done these steps to set up a connection to PASS for a class or club you can skip over this part.
Please refer to http://kb.its.psu.edu/article/545 for installing and setup of this file.
Automatic System Clock Updates
Your computers system clock must be accurately set to the current date and time within your time zone for authentication to work with Penn State's systems.
If you are connecting from home or Penn State Wireless, you will need to install and use the Penn State VPN Client before following the steps below. Please refer to http://kb.its.psu.edu/article/891 to setup the Penn State VPN Client.
Steps to Create a Connection
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Computer
- Select Map Network Drive
- Choose any Drive letter you desire
- Type the following into the folder section: \\smb.pass.psu.edu\<userid> where <userid> is your Penn State Access Account user ID (example: \\smb.pass.psu.edu\xyz123)
- Check the box associated with Connect using different credentials
- Click Finish
- When prompted, enter your Penn State Access Account user ID followed by @dce.psu.edu (example: email@example.com)
- Enter your Penn State Access Account Password
- Click OK