An owner can change a subscribers address via email or the web interface.
- With email, send mail to email@example.com
- In the body of the mail, type the command:
change list-name old-address new-address pw=your-listserv-password
- If you do not want the client to be notified when sending the message, use this command:
quiet change list-name old-address new-address pw=your-listserv-password
Example: If I wanted to change my email address for the WebTalk listserv from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com and my listserv password was Football09 it would look like the following:
Note: Your passwords are case specific if you have capital letters in your passwords keep them capitalized when you type the command line.
- If the subscriber is on several lists that you own, you can say * instead of "list-name" to change their address on all of these lists.
- If you are a listserv postmaster, who essentially owns all lists, then the change can be made to all lists using the steps below:
To do this from the Web:
- Go to http://lists.psu.edu/cgi-bin/wa
- Enter your email address and listserv password on the login screen.
- Click login.
- Select List Management > Subscriber Management.
- Select the list-name list.
- Enter the subscriber's address in the Examine or Delete Subscription window.
- Type the new address in the Email Address window.
- Click Update at the bottom of the screen.
Was this helpful?: